Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursdays Minutia

So today I'm seriously considering the pros and cons of starting a Typepad Blog and moving my daily...weekly...(er...whatever) rantings over there. So far this is what I've found:

PROS
Easier for folks to download to read
It's new and novel and I love new and novel
The 'strikeout' feature for writing drama (me likey drama!)

CONS
No ability to change fonts in entries
I have to figure out the interface and how to do stuff all over again
A year or so's worth of content down the tubes 'cause I will have to start from scratch all over again....UGH
It looks like you can't use outside html when creating widgets. So I'd have to upload all my photos (jillions) to THEIR site and re-create all my slideshows and whatnot. (DOUBLE UGH)

Anyone have some input to add here? I'd love to hear it.

ANOTHER BIGGEE in life today.....in the last week, by camera died. Kaput. Dead as a doornail. It is now null and void. It won't even turn on. Hitting it, replacing the batteries and also calling it foul names have not helped. Hubby took it over to Best Buy (or "Buy More" as it is referred to on the new show, "Chuck") and they are gonna let us know if there is any hope for it. They may or may not be charging us for providing us this insight. Also, hubby didn't know about the permanent blob on the screen that appears on all the pictures.....so that will not be addresses in the examination. SOOOOO....I have my sights set on a spanking new camera. I've done research and checked features and prices and have found an online source to purchase what I want for about a hundred bucks cheaper than Circuit City and Best Buy ("buy more" is so much more fitting!) are charging. Now I just have to wait for the crummy techs to return a verdict on the old one before I can justify the purchase. Stupid techs.
Just throw the *%&@$ thing into a volcano already and be done with it!

I, apparently, need substantially more coffee as I am completely grumpy today. Partially because I have no camera to take pictures of the quick-to-disappear wonderful fall colors all around me as well as each and every adorable little face my progeny makes. (just be glad i don't subject you to the billions of shots of them....there are so many that even their father and grandparents grow weary of them.)

So that is the latest with me.
Typepad angst and camera angst.

ugh.

1 Comments:

At 2/06/2008 07:01:00 AM , Blogger CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Sondra, I was going to leave you a message on your new blog but typepad want to sign on with them to do this. I did not want to do this. Thanks for visiting my blog and your very nice comment. Much appreciated. You are a very artistic persona and create lovely things too. Hugs Judy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home