Tuesday, January 16, 2007

UH-OH....it's official....


So this morning, I was awoken by the phone ringing....I should have been up already so of course I answered like I'd been up for HOURS....
"'lo?"
AND, on the line was Richie, calling from work. Immediately, I feel guilt at having been asleep while he was already at work.
Then, he tells me that they received their packet of information this morning telling them that their division of Verizon (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont) is officially being SOLD.
Yes, S-O-L-D.
It is supposed to be final at the end of the year and they are not supposed to alter their union work contracts until they expire in August of 2008. Hmmm..... Let's hope they are telling the truth. But still.....huge influx of acid dumps into my stomach. UGH.
At least we have a year to get our debt paid down and put a little into savings....hopefully. STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss.......
As I hung up the phone, my brain was churning....I HATE thinking about money. Then I remembered that I needed to get off my duff and get to the post office today. My altered book was supposed to get into the mail on the 15th
(YESTERDAY!!!)
but since it was a holiday there was no mail pickup. So, yeah it is late. And on top of that, I have to mail it to Canada. I looked up the mailing info on the usps site and apparently not only do I have to pay thru the nose to mail it to another country, I have to fill out a form for customs. SO I have to DRIVE to the post office. I can't just pop it in the mailbox. Which really chaps my hide because I have to mail the book I receive in the mail each month to this same person that lives in Canada. So, every month for a year I'm committed to driving to the post office. Frickle frackle frack.
So, um....not particularly cheerful today. ARrrrggghhh.....

1 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 04:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in after I stated that I start checking if I get worried about you & your fam :)

Thx for emailing us back,
xHh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home